Miaou is always looking for exceptional talent and we have an all-star team. We work hard, have fun doing it and encourage a progressive work environment with like minded individuals.
If you'd like to work for the brand, but don't see an open position below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if we think you'd be a good fit.
Location: Los Angeles
Miaou is looking to hire an Accounting Manager (Title can be flexible; DOE) who will oversee the company’s general accounting operations by controlling and verifying Miaou’s financial transactions. The Accounting Manager will work alongside and provide support to the Founders and CEO on all accounting and financial wholesale and ecommerce operations.
- Developing weekly, monthly and quarterly accounting reports for CEO
- Reporting directly to CEO on ad-hoc projects
- Monitoring and confirming financial condition by conducting internal audits and working with external auditors
- Recommending annual budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
- Filing and auditing multi-state Sales Tax
- Posting all Journal Entries
- Supervising Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll Staff
- Managing all wholesale chargebacks
- Managing all wholesale AR
- Acting as a liaison between the sales team and the wholesale buyers regarding account issues
- Preparing special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintaining subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Reconciling Balance Sheet and Income Statement for month end close
- Balancing subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
- Posting Inventory adjustments in accordance with Inventory audits
- Balancing general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Reporting sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Posting revenues by verifying and entering transactions from incoming wires and deposits
- Researching and resolving shipping discrepancies
- Reconciling Merchant Service Accounts for Online Sales
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor, Chief or Senior Accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g., CMA or CPA)
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the subject line as ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Location: Los Angeles
Miaou is looking for a full-time PR Manager based at our office in downtown Los Angeles. This role will work cross-functionally with our internal teams, as well as with external regional PR partners in owning all sample management, overseeing our entire gifting program, securing looks for talent, creating seasonal lookbooks, placing all press orders, reporting on all press activity, and assisting with any in person-events. This role requires close attention to detail and ensuring that deadlines are always met.
See below for job description; Including but not limited to:
- Responsible for developing and implementing PR strategies and contributing to larger projects.
- Work closely with the team to ensure strong editorial content across digital and print platforms, building positive relationships with stylists, assistants and editors.
- Manage all sample requests and update Sample Tracker daily.
- Work directly with market editors, fashion assistants, stylists and project freelancers on product requests with the goal of improving each editorial opportunity.
- Partner with the external PR teams to secure samples and to ensure timely sample returns.
- Streamline all sample movement to ensure efficient and accurate sample trafficking, by logging all sample activity into Sample Tracker.
- Lead sample send-out logistics - shipping & receiving of product for editorials, using FedEx, UPS, and local messenger, including creating invoices, etc.
- Coordinate and manage shoots with product flats studio.
PR Strategy + Reporting:
- Partner with the design and sales teams on press opportunities to ensure all product features are available online at Miaou.com and/or with wholesale partners.
- Partner with the design, sales and merchandising teams on sample loaning and sharing across their respective product inventories.
- Assemble weekly and monthly press reports for senior management, following brand initiatives, runway shows, campaign announcements, press events and product launches.
- Proactively pitch efforts surrounding brand initiatives and launches and product pushes.
- Develop and foster relationships with fashion assistants, market editors and stylists.
- Manage invoice submissions and vendor creation for editorial partners.
- Maintain credit chart on all upcoming confirmed press placements.
- Update and maintain the press email and press contact database, responding to any inquiries within 24 hours, and urgent requests within 2 hours.
- Work with company department heads, to support cross-functional team meetings and organizational needs including meeting scheduling, agenda creation, and recaps.
Please send all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. with the title of the position as the subject line.